DIRECTIONS TO TSUMKWE COUNTRY LODGE:
Coming from Windhoek:
Windhoek – Grootfontein (B1 / B8) 450 km
Grootfontein – Rundu (B8) 55 km
B8 – C44 to Tsumkwe 220 km
Drive past the school and the craft centre and follow directions to the Lodge.
Tsumkwe Country Lodge offers ensuite accommodation facilities. The lodge is your
ideal base from where to explore Bushmanland’s pristine wilderness and abundant
wildlife within the Nyae Nyae Conservancy and Khaudum National Park.
The half or full day Bushman Village activities add to the cultural aspect of this
• 20 Canvas twin rooms
• 1 Double room
• 4 Conventional brick twin rooms – also used for tour guide accommodation
All the rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
All rooms are fitted with fans.
Our lodge is not wheelchair friendly.
Camp sites: 5 sites with BBQ facilities, communal ablution block and power point at
each camp site.
Facilities & Services
- Plunge pool, bar, restaurant under thatched lapa area, San curio shop in
- Small general dealer and fuel station in town under our management.
- Credit card facilities available: Master & Visa and most European card.
- The lodge has 24 hours electricity.
- Gravel airstrip Coordinates S19.35 E20.27. Arrange for a pickup prior to
Tsumkwe Country Lodge 1- Check in from 12h00 noon; Check out before 10h00 am.
• Visit a traditional San Bushmen village under the guidance of our
knowledgeable Bushman guide. Experience firsthand how the Bushmen trek
spoor to hunt game, craft weapons and gather edible and medicinal plants in
the wild. Our full day village visit includes a drive to the Nyae Nyae Pan with
the possibility of spotting plains game and interesting birdlife before settling
under a shady tree for a picnic lunch.
• Visit “Hollow Tree” one of the largest Baobab trees in the world while having
an ice cold beverage underneath its giant branches.
• Full day excursions into the Khaudum National Park can be done on a self
drive basis. Minimum of two vehicles is required if guests want to drive
through Khaudum Park.
• All activity bookings are to be made in advance due to vehicle and guide
All ages welcome. Children must be under parents supervision at all times.
Children are allowed to go on activities only if accompanied by their parents.